We all know a clean machine makes the best coffee, that's why we are now stocking this awesome Descaler. Perfect for home baristas.
Cafetto Spectra Descaler contains 4 single-use sachets for convenient and measured dosage every time.
This eco-friendly powder descaler visually indicates whether a descaling cycle has been successful using pH-sensitive dye compounds.
Orange indicates an effective descaling cycle, and blue indicates that another descaling cycle is required.
Designed For: Rapidly and easily removing limescale and calcium build-up from espresso machine water tanks, boilers and coffee brewers.
- Add 1 sachet to 500mL of water and dissolve to form an orange solution. Pour into the water tank (if the machine has a water filter, remove this prior to turning the machine on).
- Place a cup under the coffee dispenser and run 120mL of solution through the machine. Run 60mL out through the steam wand.
- Leave the descaler in the machine for 15 minutes before running the remaining descaling solution through the machine. Ensure the steam wand is purged by turning the steam on for at least 20 seconds.
- The descaling solution exiting the machine should be orange, indicating the descaling cycle has been effective. If the solution is blue, run another descaling cycle by repeating steps 1-4.
- Rinse thoroughly by flushing one tank of clean fresh water through the system, as well as through the steam wand
Certified for organic use. Detergents in Spectra are readily biodegradable.
Free from phosphate and GMO.