The Pearl Model S from Acaia has been designed to be a link between coffee roasters and serious home brewers. Featuring a built-in interactive brewing guide, the Acaia Pearl Model S is an easy way for roasters and homebrewers to connect and share their favourite recipes. Using the accompanying Brewguide app., home brewers can transfer recommended recipes onto the Model S scale, and then use the prompts on the scale to brew, without using the app. The Brewguide app. makes sharing recipes super easy - even if other brewers don't have the app or a Model S scale, recipes can be shared via a link or a QR code, which takes them to the recipe on a website.
- LED Display: Now shows a dot matrix to support the three different font sizes and an alphanumeric display.
- Capacity: Increased to a 3kg capacity.
- Internal Components: The support structure inside the scale has changed from plastic to metal, creating a more reinforced top and a slightly heavier scale.
- Brightness Levels: There are four different brightness level options; low, medium, high, and bright.
- Brew guide: Using the Brewguide app, you can easily transfer recipes from the app to the Pearl S and browse through verified recipes from roasters. Through the app you can update some settings on the scale, including turning the scale on/off, adjusting modes, units, temperature, and the auto-off timer.
- Colour: White
- Dimensions: 160mm (W) x 160mm (L) x 32mm (H)
- Weight: 606g
- Capacity: 3kg (Max. 3000g; Min. 0.1g)
- Measuring Units: oz / g
- Permissible Error Range: +/- 0.2g
- Increments: 0.1g
- Display: LED Dot Matrix Display
- Battery: Lithium-Ion, USB Rechargeable
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0
- Warranty: 12 Months
- Included Parts: 1 x Pearl Model S Scale, 1 x Heat resistant pad, 1 x Micro-USB cable
1. Weighing - Displays the weight only.
2. Dual Display - Displays the time (minutes and seconds) and the weight at the same time.
3. Portafilter - Tares immediately when a portafilter is placed on the weighing platform. The scale remembers the weight for 30 seconds while you dose your portafilter. The weight will automatically reset after 30 seconds of no weight change.
4. Espresso - The scale tares automatically when an object is placed on the weighing platform and the timer will auto-start once a flow is detected.
5. Pour-Over - Displays flow rate, time, and weight to master your pour-over recipe.
6. Flow Rate Practice - Displays a flow rate in grams to seconds and a ticked scale mark for keeping your flow consistent while pouring.
7. Brew Guide - Displays prompts for the recipe that's loaded.