A clean coffee machine is a must in busy cafes as well as at home. Cafetto is an industry recognised leader in espresso machine cleaning powder.
A rapidly soluble and free-rinsing formulation that removes coffee oils, grounds and stains.
Improves flavour and aroma of espresso.
Leaves no trace of odour.
A measuring scoop is included in 1kg jars for accurate dosing.
PROCEDURE TO BACKFLUSH EACH DELIVERY GROUP
1. Remove coffee filter from group handle, and replace with blind filter.
2. For daily cleaning add 1 level scoop of Espresso Clean® into the group handle and insert as if brewing espresso. If the machine is cleaned less often, use 2 level scoops.
3. Start cycle and allow to run for 10 seconds to dissolve cleaner.
3. Stop the cycle and allow to sit for 10 seconds.
4. Start and stop cycle 4 more times - run for 10 seconds, stop for 10 seconds.
5. Remove the group handle and rinse well under stream of water from the delivery group. Turn off.
6. Re-insert handle with blind filter, start and stop cycle 10 times - run for 5 seconds, stop for 2 seconds to ensure thorough rinsing.
7. Remove the blind filter and insert a regular filter.
8. Brew and discard a single espresso to re-season machine.
PROCEDURE TO CLEAN FILTERS AND GROUP HANDLES
1. Soak group handles and filters in 500ml of hot water with 2 teaspoons of Espresso Clean® Espresso Machine Cleaner for 10 minutes.
2. Rinse thoroughly in running hot water.
For home machines please make sure your portafilter is actually metal. If it is plastic with metal paint the cafetto may strip or discolour the finish. Use with caution.