How to make the best Espresso Martinis
Cocktail legend has it that a young supermodel sided up to the bar and asked Dick to make her a cocktail with coffee. Originally it was known as the “Vodka Espresso” and although the recipe hasn’t changed much over the years it is now commonly known as an espresso martini and enjoyed by people daily.
We love a good espresso martini, and in our opinion, it all comes down to the coffee that goes into the cocktail, a bad espresso shot will give you a bitter martini which is often hard to stomach.
This is our humble espresso martini recipe which you’ll often find us shaking up on a Friday once its an acceptable time to drink (which is anytime after 10 am in our books!).
Your friends will all want this recipe once they’ve tasted how delicious it is!
Espresso Martini Recipe
- 60ml Espresso (freshly extracted)
- 30ml Kahlua
- 30ml Vodka
- 5ml Dry Vermouth
- Cocktail mixer
- whole coffee beans
- Place ice into your cocktail shaker to chill, or pop it into the freezer if you’re more organised than we usually are
- Extract your espresso ready to mix - it’s important that you use a freshly extracted shot. Nobody wants an espresso shot from the previous day
- Weigh all ingredients and place them into your cocktail shaker with a generous amount of ice
- Vigorously shake all ingredients together for 30 seconds.
- Strain your cocktail into your pre-chilled empty martini glass
- Garnish with 3 whole coffee beans